Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. "Failed Experiments" (2016.05.03) - In Review

"Worst episode ever."
~ Comic Book Guy

Theatrical releases, television programs, comic books, video games... you name it.
Capes (Optional)
Publisher
Publisher

Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. "Failed Experiments" (2016.05.03) - In Review

Postby Capes (Optional) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013) season 3, episode 19
In Review

"Failed Experiments"

WRITER: BRENT FLETCHER
DIRECTOR: WENDEY STANZLER

AIR DATE: May 3 2016

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

"Failed Experiments" is an apt title for this episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., as it features experiments of a scientific nature undertaken by more than one party, each not going in the direction the researchers would prefer. Mind you, there’s a good deal of action along the way, and an appearance by space faring aliens already familiar to the series and to comics fans.

Holden Radcliffe (John Hannah) finds himself an unwilling guest of sorts in the custody of Hive (Brett Dalton). He’s expected to work on a process to turn humans into Inhumans, but it’s not going quite according to plan. It seems Kree blood is the only answer for the dilemma, namely that alien race well known to comics readers as having had created the Inhumans in the first place.

Other experiments are underway. Fitz and Simmons (Ian De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge) are working through what they know of Radcliffe’s work and their own potential cure- but they have need of an Inhuman test subject. Lincoln (Luke Campbell), who’s been feeling rather down as of late, what with being suspected by the team and betrayed in a manner of speaking by the woman he loves, offers himself as a test subject. Things don’t go quite according to plan.

The team themselves are closing in on Hive- though the confrontation that ensues doesn’t quite go according to plan (a rather common problem through the episode). Mayhem and violence ensue, of course, and there’s the problem of a pair of Kree reapers making an appearance. By the time it’s all said and done though, Hive might have an advantage... from a source he might not have expected.

Radcliffe and Hive

4 / 5

Return to “Capes (Optional) Reviews”