Introductions

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Paul Bradford

Discussion about the world outside your window: mythologies, reality TV, pseudo science, biographies, documentaries, and top news items.
Michael Regan
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

Introductions

Postby Michael Regan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Hey everyone, post something about yourself to give everyone else some context of who you are.
zuckyd1
Top Secret Crypto 19
Top Secret Crypto 19

Re: Introductions

Postby zuckyd1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:59 pm

I'm going to be lazy and just repost what I wrote on cxPulp:
zuckyd1 wrote:My name's David Zuckerman. My comic-book collecting days started in 1984, when I was 10. I had previously picked up the odd comic here and there, but it was the original handbook series, along with Secret Wars, that truly sucked me in. Suddenly I became aware that beyond the scope of an individual issue or story there existed a huge interconnected universe that had been built up over many years, and I wanted to learn as much as I could about it. My prime collecting period lasted until around 1992, when I went away to college. Ironically, the thing that got me back into comics a couple of years ago was selling my old collection. I held onto a handful of favorite issues, including all my handbooks. I discovered that some new handbooks had been released in the interim and, curious, decided to buy a few. Well one thing led to another, and here I am today . I also contribute to a really cool site called The Complete Marvel Reading Order. You should check it out!
The Complete Marvel Reading Order — http://cmro.travis-starnes.com
Michael Regan
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

Re: Introductions

Postby Michael Regan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:00 pm

Well that is about when comics hit home for me as well. They were always something that was there for me growing up, but Crisis on Infinite Earths is what really pulled me in.

For television, I loved reruns of Gilligan's Island, Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes, and of course Star Trek. I watched the entire Incredible Hulk and Six Million Dollar Man series, and that's obviously just a few.

I worked in a video rental store for a few years which expanded my interests and started me down yet another collecting path.

As for Capes (Optional): yes it is my site, but it is here for everyone else as we'll. I'm enjoyed my time on Comixfan as member, Resouces Editor, and finally Editor in Chief, but this is more my playground. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.

Return to “The Real World”