Introduce Yourself

"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
~ Rick Blaine

Capes (Optional) is a member's only forum. Please register and join the discussion!
Capes (Optional)
Publisher
Publisher

Introduce Yourself

Postby Capes (Optional) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Now that you have joined Capes (Optional) we would like to know a little about you; whatever you would like to share - no pressure.

What brings you to the site? What are your primary interests (television, movies, comics, games, etc.)?

Explore - Discuss - Have Fun
Michael Regan
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Michael Regan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:34 pm

Hello, I'm Michael Regan, and I'm the owner, publisher, and Editor-in-Chief of Capes (Optional) a site for fans by fans.

I've been a fan of fiction for as long as I can remember, as many people are. I remember waking up every Sunday to watch Star Trek reruns. I remember watching the Six Million Dollar Man on Fridays, Space 1999 on Saturdays, and the Wonderful World of Disney on Sundays. My Saturday mornings were dominated by cartoons as were my lunches if I went home to eat, primarily Flinstones or Spider-Man.

I've also been a fan of comic books going way back and really got hooked with DC published Crisis on Infinite Earths. Now with the collection I have there is no turning back.

I wasn't fortunate enough to see Star Wars in theatres, but I've seen every sequel right there on the big screen, and I was over the moon when Star Trek returned to my local drive in screens.

I've always wanted to start a website but never quite had the time. I joined Comixfan (formerly X-Fan) back in 2005, joined staff in 2006, became an editor in 2007 and eventually run the show as Editor-in-Chief starting in 2009. Capes (Optional) isn't a replacement for this former passion specifically, as much as it is a building on the great ideas and conversation which developed within its HTML coded pages over the years. I hope to be able to capture even a little of that magic here... and perhaps more.

Keep talking.

Return to “Welcome ...”