Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. “A Wanted (Inhu)man” (2015.10.13) – In Review

"Worst episode ever."
~ Comic Book Guy

Theatrical releases, television programs, comic books, video games... you name it.
Capes (Optional)
Publisher
Publisher

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. “A Wanted (Inhu)man” (2015.10.13) – In Review

Postby Capes (Optional) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:16 pm

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013) season 3, episode 3
In Review

"A Wanted (Inhu)man"

WRITER: MONICA OWUSU-BREEN
DIRECTOR: GARRY A. BROWN

AIR DATE: October 13 2015

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

"A Wanted (Inhum)man" carries on where things left off with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as the agents deal with threats from multiple angles, played out in three different storylines. Lincoln (Luke Mitchell) is the focus of things, as both Coulson’s team and the ACTU are seeking him out in this episode. Coulson (Clark Gregg) finds himself in a bit of an ethical dilemma this time out between reaching his goal and looking out for one of his own, and where things end up find us at something of a diplomatic solution.

The other storyline concerns Hunter (Nick Blood), who’s still out for a measure of revenge on Ward (Brett Dalton) over what was done to Bobbie (Adrianne Palicki) at the end of Season Two. Hunter may have Agent May (Ming-Na Wen) as backup, but he’s thinking more with his heart than his mind, and the course he’s following, trying to get inside the new Hydra, seems a course that has a bad end.

It’s the third storyline, which takes up less time, that is the most effective of the three. Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge), having had been saved from her uncertain fate in a distant planet in the last episode, is dealing with the aftermath. She’s been away long enough that the natural physics of Earth take some getting used to, and she does come across as traumatized, not particularly ready to talk about what she went through. Henstridge captures the sense of post traumatic stress in just the right way, while balancing that with the character, and it’s a nuance in the character that’s interesting to watch unfold, while offering a bit of a breather with everything else going on in the episode.

Lincoln
stops running

4 / 5

Return to “Capes (Optional) Reviews”