Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Among Us Hide..." (2015.11.03) – In Review

"Worst episode ever."
~ Comic Book Guy

Theatrical releases, television programs, comic books, video games... you name it.
Capes (Optional)
Publisher
Publisher

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Among Us Hide..." (2015.11.03) – In Review

Postby Capes (Optional) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:35 pm

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013) season 3, episode 6
In Review

"Among Us Hide..."

WRITER: DREW Z GREENBERG
DIRECTOR: DWIGHT LITTLE
-
AIR DATE: November 3 2015

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

"Among Us Hide..." picks up things after the interlude of the previous episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with a whole lot going on. The machinations of Hydra, the mysterious Inhuman Lash, the ongoing sparring between S.H.I.E.L.D. and the ATCU all form the backdrop for this episode, which brings back a familiar face from The Avengers and gives the audience some answers on where things will be going next. As it turns out, the title is a reference in and of itself. An Inhumans related issue of Fantastic Four bore that phrase in part.

The difference between the two agencies is one of the major plotlines this time out. Coulson (Clark Gregg) is paying a visit to an ATCU facility with Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer). Daisy (Chloe Bennet), Mack (Henry Simmons), and Hunter (Nick Blood) have their own purposes tied to the visit - they believe Lash may be one of Price’s staff members. The Inhumans feature in more than one way - Coulson’s visit reveals what the ATCU is doing in collecting Inhumans, as well as potentially creates a measure of tension for the director and one of his agents in the process. The Inhumans also feature in a big revelation - who Lash actually is. That revelation makes for potential problems for more than one major character.

Mack, Daisy, and Hunter

The rest of the episode ties into Hydra and the hunt for Ward. Agents May (Ming Na Wen) and Morse (Adrianne Palicki) have been reassigned to search for Ward and von Strucker (Spencer Treat Clark). The path for one of them leads to an interesting place. Gideon Malick (Powers Boothe) makes his debut on the series, though we have seen him before. Boothe appeared in The Avengers as an unnamed member of the World Security Council, and this time he’s confirmed as one and the same. And his agenda is definitely not in the interests of the good of the world. This is very fitting for the actor, who’s had a range of roles down through his career, some of them villains, others authority figures. And it seems he’s in for the long run.

4 / 5

Return to “Capes (Optional) Reviews”