Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Chaos Theory" (2015.11.10) – In Review

"Worst episode ever."
~ Comic Book Guy

Theatrical releases, television programs, comic books, video games... you name it.
Capes (Optional)
Publisher
Publisher

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Chaos Theory" (2015.11.10) – In Review

Postby Capes (Optional) » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013) season 3, episode 7
In Review

"Chaos Theory"

WRITER: LAUREN LEFRANC
DIRECTOR: DAVID SOLOMON

AIR DATE: November 10 2015

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

"Chaos Theory" picks up where things left off last time for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - with the revelation of who the Inhuman mystery Lash really is. For Agent May (Ming Na Wen), it’s particularly personal, since she used to be married to him. Doctor Garner (Blair Underwood) is the Inhuman in question, and what he’s been up to since the transformation comes to light for May.

Much of the rest of the episode revolves around the situation between May and Garner. Deductions being made linking Garner to Lash end up mobilizing the forces of both S.H.I.E.L.D. and the ATCU. We get to see Lincoln (Luke Mitchell) in action again in terms of going head to head with Lash. It’s an interesting contrast; on the one hand we’ve got normal humans as agents, and then there are Lincoln and Daisy (Chloe Bennet), both of whom are Inhumans and both of whom bring powers to the table. Is there envy involved for some of their colleagues? Or perhaps dread at what they’re capable of?

Two relationship elements stand out this time. First, given their history as a married couple (at least formerly married), it’s not that surprising that May is able to talk Garner down from his Lash form, which is quite formidable and dangerous. Second, we’ve been seeing for awhile now the evolving relationship between Coulson (Clark Gregg) and Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer). Both of them heads of agencies that at least on the surface are trying to do the same thing, albeit only one of them carries with it official legitimacy. The sense of sparring between the two goes in another direction this time out. Even a Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. can get lucky, right?

Lincoln and Lash

4 / 5

Return to “Capes (Optional) Reviews”